Saturday, February 5, 2011

Yemen - Legare's - Portland, Oregon

Preparation:  Cuisinart Drip

Scores:  Scale of 1 - 10 with 10 being excellent
Aroma:  6
Balance:   5
Flavor:   4
Smoothness:  5

Likes:
     Fragrance
        

Dislikes:
      Flavor
      Bitter
      Sour Finish
      Pungent

 Summary:  I made this coffee as a mid afternoon treat.  The smell of the whole beans was unremarkable but after grinding the fragrance was interesting and surprising. The aroma was very earthy with a salty and savory flair.  My first tasting exposed pungent and wild flavors, but at the same time this coffee seemed bland.   There was a lingering sour/bitter taste in my mouth.  I definitely felt the acid turning in my stomach. This coffee is different and unique.  I appreciate the history behind it, but didn't really enjoy it all that much. 

Overall score:  4

No comments:

Post a Comment