Sunday, January 16, 2011

Galapagos - Legare's - Portland, Oregon

Preparation: French Press  

Scores:  Scale of 1 - 10 with 10 being excellent
Aroma:   8
Balance:   5
Flavor:  5
Smoothness:  5

Likes:
       Aroma
       Fragrance
       Lemon Flavors
       Bold

Dislikes:
      Acidic
      Sour
      Winey
      Tart

 Summary:  This coffee was a new tasting experience for me.  The fragrance of the beans after grinding was very pleasant.   I smelled undertones of chocolate.  Even the aroma after pouring the hot water over the ground beans was full and smokey and inviting.  What a surprise when I took the first sip!!!  Very lemony and tart!  Even now after having a half cup and waiting a few minutes, my mouth is still puckering with a sourness.   OK, I take another sip and.......lemons!  I can feel some of the acid in my stomach churning, but not too bad.  Interesting coffee; chocolate aroma and lemon flavor. This will be a good one to try next time in a drip coffee maker.  Also, I plan to do some research on Galapagos coffee and learn more about the region.

Overall score: 5

No comments:

Post a Comment