Thursday, January 13, 2011

Devil's Brew - Moonbean Coffee Company - Toronto, Ontario

Preparation: French Press  (second tasting)

Scores:  Scale of 1 - 10 with 10 being excellent
Aroma: 8
Balance:   7
Flavor: 8
Smoothness:  7

Likes:
- Flavorful
  Rich
  Dark
  Smokey
  Spicey
  Strong
  Hazelnut Flavors

Dislikes:


Summary: After a week of incredible activities,  I really wanted to sit down and have a great cup of coffee and relax this afternoon.  Since I still had enough beans left of my favorite coffee tasting so far, I decided to try the "Devil's Brew" again.  Only this time I made it using a french press.  As you can see I downgraded it a bit.  It still was awesome, but the aroma not as intense and the flavor was also less intense as I remember.  This could be due to the fact that the beans are older now and have not been kept properly and that the method of brewing is also different.  There was enough change from the first tasting that I experienced a significant variation in flavor and aroma.  I definitely will go out and get the ceramic coffee storage containers!!!!

Overall score: 8

No comments:

Post a Comment