Thursday, August 25, 2011

Black and Tan - Cave Creek Coffee Company - Cave Creek, Arizona




Preparation:   Aeropress Coffee Maker

Scores:  Scale of 1 - 10 with 10 being excellent

Aroma:     8
Balance:    9
Flavor:     10
Smoothness:   9

Likes:  Salty
            Savory
            Ripe Blackberries
            Flavorful
            Slightly smokey -  in a good way

Dislikes:
  

Summary:  First of all a big thank you to Cindy C. for sending me these terrific beans!!!  Cindy lives lots closer to Cave Creek than I do and I really appreciate what a generous person she is!!!  She is a lucky gal to be able to pop on over to this gem of a coffee and wine bar.....(yes, it is also a wine bar)  I am still trying to get over there so stay tuned!

Black and Tan coffee beans from Cave Creek Coffee Company are a medium roasted blend from Central America mixed with French roasted beans from Indonesia.  They have the big flavor of a medium roast, but the darker French roast beans quiet down the impact and give the coffee drinker (AKA me) an enjoyable, relaxing and tantalizing coffee moment.  The flavors of ripe blackberries mingled with salty and savory pralines cast no doubt in my mind that this is a coffee to remember and serve often.......even if it is just for you!

On another note, this was the first time I have ever used an Aeropress coffee maker and now I am sold on it.  I can't wait to use it again!  Danny gave it to me in New Orleans for my birthday along with some fine coffee beans from Toronto.  Thank you, Danny!!!!  It was easy to use and I just thought it really brought out more flavor from the coffee than when I used the same coffee in my Cusinart drip.  I will have to do an "in detail" post just on the Aeropress......for sure! 

Overall score:  9

*** Tomorrow off to Sedona, AZ !!!

1 comment: