Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Diesel Dark Roast - Atomic Cafe - Salem, Massachusetts

 



Preparation:  Cuisinart Drip

Scores:  Scale of 1 - 10 with 10 being excellent

Aroma:    6
Balance:   8
Flavor:   8
Smoothness:   8

Likes:
    Dark
    Pleasantly Smokey
    Full Bodied
    Spicy
    Low acidity

Dislikes:
    Weak Fragrance and Aroma

Summary:   Good Day!  Yes, it is a good day.  I started off mine with Diesel Dark Roast and now I am ready to rev up my engine.  I purchased these dark beans online (free shipping) from GoCoffeeGo.com.  They arrived in a timely fashion and freshly roasted.  Awesome!  When I opened the bag of beans for the first whiff I was disappointed.  I really had to stick my nose in the bag to get a good take on the fragrance.  I admit I was hoping the beans would fill the room with an intoxicating coffee bean smell.  But, the coffee itself after brewing was bold, dark and rich which more than made up what was lacking at the start. I noted delicate smokey undertones and a long zingy finish on the palate.  This coffee would be wonderful served at a late morning meeting, book group gathering or in my case, with my Realtor that has yet to sell my house!

The low acidity will keep you coming back for a refill and that will ensure you won't run out of fuel (gas) all day!



Overall score:  7+

No comments:

Post a Comment