Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Bella Donovan - Blue Bottle Coffee Company - San Francisco, California

Bella Donovan




Preparation:  Aero Press

Scores:  Scale of 1 - 10 with 10 being excellent

Aroma:  10
Balance:  10
Flavor:   10
Smoothness:  9

Likes:
Nutty
Savory
Flavorful
Salty
Sweet
Earthy


Dislikes:


Summary:  This morning I am enjoying a cup of Bella Donovan coffee from Blue Bottle Coffee Company.  Branden and Kathleen were recently in San Francisco and weathered the long line to bring me back some of these A+ coffee beans.  Many thanks go out to you both!  This coffee is warm and enticing and packed with intense flavor! The finish is long and memorable.  I can imagine myself down at the Wharf right now......  Seagulls flying above and the misty ocean air blowing through my hair as I sip a cup of Bella Donovan to keep warm.  Ahhhh.........

Bella Donovan is a mix of African and Indonesian coffee beans that make up a Mocha/Java blend.  I definitely recommend using the Burr grinder and Aero Press coffee method to brew this coffee so that you can fully experience all the complex flavors. 

Africa = low body/high acidity
Indonesia = high body/low acidity

Again, thank you Branden and Kathleen for thinking of me and standing in that very long line at Blue Bottle Coffee Company.  If I do say so myself....... it was worth it  : )




Overall score:  10

Blue Bottle Coffee Company
Ferry Building
Ferry Building Marketplace, Shop #7, 1 Ferry Building. San Francisco



No comments:

Post a Comment