Friday, March 11, 2011

Campfire - Firecreek Coffee Company - Cave Creek, Arizona



Preparation:  Cuisinart Drip

Scores:  Scale of 1 - 10 with 10 being excellent

Aroma:   7
Balance:  7
Flavor:   7
Smoothness:  8

Likes:
    Tangerine
    Lemon
    Delicate

Dislikes:
    Acidy
 

Summary:   Okay, folks!  I polished off my bag of Big Breakfast from Firecreek Coffee Company and felt a little sad.  Since I haven't had a chance to make the day trip to Cave Creek yet, I went back to my nearby AJ's grocery store.  I was really excited about it.  Only there wasn't much on the shelf and the roasting dates were all 2010!  Nope, not going to do that.  Then I saw one Campfire bag of beans hiding in the back.  The roasting date was February 17, 2011.  That will do!

This is mostly a light roast coffee.  The tones of lemon and tangerine are prevalent.  There is a slight nippy zing to it and it is short on the palate.  This coffee is not bland.  The beans are fresh and fragrant, but nothing like Big Breakfast!  This time the acid is a little much for me first cup of the day.   I am teetering on my score.

In my most humble opinion, I would name this coffee something other than Campfire. When I look at the label I think of cowboys sitting around an open fire.  It seems to me they would drink a coffee that was powerful, strong, rugged and a little smokey.  What do you think? 



Overall score:  7

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love Firecreek Coffee. I'm sorry you have not been to Cave Creek yet, it's definitely worth the trip as they have awesome pastries. I think part of the reason it's called 'Campfire' to give it more of a light, warmth, and very simplistic taste. Like you mentioned, it is a light roast coffee which works very well for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi dohsinbebe,
    I am still trying to get to Firecreek Coffee. Thanks for you comment. Right now, Aj's and Whole Foods will have to do!

    ReplyDelete